Monday, October 9, 2017

Ononta’kahrhon reminds me of Uluru* by Philomena Moriarty.


"Latermass on the mountain."
© Mark W. Ó Brien 2017

How superficially I walk upon this earth not honoring its peoples. I kick their dust and swallow their air. They who invisioned the clay and stone beneath their feet. Who barefoot felt each leaf and twig. With leather and cloth I separate myself from the elemental. I dwell in thought and lose all sensation. What I give away. What I give away. What I keep giving away.

Even this sharp pain 
foot fall on rocky edges 
makes me real again 

~

© 2017 Philomena Moriarty

~

Philomena Moriarty uses mindfulness in her writing process and views poetry as a spiritual practice. Her poetry collection and memoir 

You may learn *more about Uluru here.




No comments:

Post a Comment